India Internet News
According to Sandip Dutta, Public Relations Officer at IRCTC, the plan, although still in the preliminary state, is to make Aadhaar compulsory, and prevent touts from further exploiting the e-ticketing platform.
Finance minister Arun Jaitley had announced the government's intent to encourage cashless transactions in his budget speech.
A US based privacy rights group known as Electronic Privacy Information Center said in a letter to the F.T.C. that Uber had â€œa history of abusing the location data of its customers.
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan has unveiled the new look of worldoo.com, touted as Indiaâ€™s first co-created online ecosystem for children aged six to 12.
The initiative was announced at a special unveiling here on Thursday with founder Monish Ghatalia.
Telecom giant Airtel has been accused of injecting lines of code into its users' web browsers without their knowledge, whenever they visit a web page via its 3G network.
Their Application design is very poor and their development server is weakly configured. The hack was a little tricky and involved many steps to get to the database. Once we got to the database it was like winning a lottery. It had all the user details along with credit card transaction history and unused vouchers. The voucher codes are not even out yet. Its obvious that we wont be using credit card details and voucher codes. We dropped them a mail but no response from their side as of now.
On the poet's 155-birth anniversary celebrated on May 9, the Society for Natural Language Technology Research (SNLTR), set up under the West Bengal government's Information Technology Department in 2007, has inaugurated the services on an App for Android users
- IP traffic will grow 4-fold from 2014 to 2019, a compound annual growth rate of 33%.
- IP traffic will reach 4.0 Exabytes per month in 2019, up from 967 Petabytes per month in 2014.
- IP networks will carry 132 Petabytes per day in 2019, up from 32 Petabytes per day in 2014.
- IP traffic will reach an annual run rate of 48.3 Exabytes in 2019, up from an annual run rate of 11.6 Exabytes in 2014.
- IP traffic will reach 3 Gigabytes per capita in 2019, up from 1 Gigabytes per capita in 2014.
- Average IP traffic will reach 12 Tbps in 2019, and busy hour traffic will reach 39 Tbps.
- In 2019, the gigabyte equivalent of all movies ever made will cross India's IP networks every 1 hours.
Indian music streaming service Gaana, which has over 7.5 million monthly visitors, has been comprised by a hacker and its user information database is now exposed.
National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) and Data Security Council of India has announced the launch of the NASSCOM Cyber Security Task Force that aims to build India as a global hub for providing cyber security solutions, developing cyber security R&D plan and develop a skilled workforce of cyber security experts.